A Recreational Gymnastics class for those with previous gymnastic experience who would like an opportunity to learn routines and to compete in local and regional competitions. There will also be aspects of skill development incorporated into the program.
Participants are coach selected. Please contact the club if you would like to be considered for this class.
When: Mondays and Wednesdays 5.15 to 6.45pm
What You Need to Know Before Your First Class
What to wear -
- A leotard or leggings, bike pants or shorts with a fitted top or tee.
- It is best if clothes are reasonably tight fitting, not baggy.
- Please ensure clothing does not have buttons, buckles or zips as these can catch on the equipment.
- All long hair must be tied up using a plain elastic hair tie.
- Please note parents or siblings are not allowed on the gym floor at any time (this is any area inside the ropes, including the area where the water fountain is).
- The drinking fountain is only for use of gymnasts during classes. Unfortunately it is not in a safe area to be used at any other time.
- Siblings or younger children watching must be supervised at all times.
- Gymnasts are not to be on the floor or equipment before or after their classes.
Please ensure your child has a water bottle, especially on warmer days.
Other Information -
- Please don't arrive any earlier than 15 minutes prior to your class start time.
- Upon arrival please sign your child in at the front desk. When leaving please sign your child out. This is for our records as well as for health and safety reasons.
- Parents may watch from the concreate step area.
- Please do not bring food and drink into the gym other than water.
- Shoes are not to be worn on the gym floor.